At Skinpossible in calgary, we offer the most revolutionary chemical peel by Environ. It's less agressive and more effective than conventional peels.
Benefits of the Environ Cool Peel?
After a Cool Peel, your healthy cells survive and damaged cells are removed from the skin. The appearance of rough and uneven skin tone is refined. Promotes collagen formation. Relieves problematic skin conditions. Helps to refine the texture of sun damaged skin leaving it smooth with healthy appearance. We recommend a series of light peels instead of one agressive peel.
• No downtime
• Cool and painless
• No burning sensation
Cool Peel is indicated for a variety of skin types and conditions including:
How does a Cool Peel work?
An Environ Cool Peel uses acidic creams and gels instead of using acid solutions. These peels preserve as much epidermis as possible while at the same time, getting the safest effective concentration of hydronium ions into the dermis. These peels are designed to preserve the architecture of the skin simultaneously stimulating the fibroblasts in the dermis to increase the quantity of collagen in the dermis.
Type of Cool Peels:
1- Lactic acid Cream Peels do not destroy cells but stimulate the release of growth factors. They are usually better For acne, dry and sensitive skin. They come in different “levels” 1 – 4
2- Lactic acid Gel Peels are usually better for anti-aging, sun damage and fine lines. They come in 5, 10 and 20% concentration
What to expect during a Cool Peel?
Each treatment takes approximately one hour.
• The Peel starts with a 3-step cleanse:
1- First a cleansing oil is massaged into the face and focused in the areas that may be congested, this helps to dissolve oil within the skin.
2- Second a micro-exfoliating clay mask is massaged in and helps to remove dead surface cells
What to expect after a Cool Peel?
Cool Peels are made of lactic acid; which is a natural chemical compound found in our body. Lactic acid is very hydrating to the skin so patients shouldn’t expect to peel or flake very much after treatments. Maybe some slight flakey-ness typically along brows or around mouth area. Post treatment care:
• Avoid sun exposure, including sun beds, for a minimum of 1-week
• Avoid strenuous exercise or swimming for 24-hours
• No waxing, extractions, electrolysis, radiation therapy or microdermabrasion for at least 1-week.
• Don’t rub, pick or irritate skin
• Do not use any AHAs, BHAs, or any type of exfoliating mask for 24-hours.
• Moisturize the skin day and night.
• Use sunscreen.
Environ Cool Peel vs other Deep Peels
Environ has revolutionized the way the world looks at peels through its remarkable Cool Peeling System. This approach entails a series of light peels with safe and effective products, as opposed to the conventional deep peels which use toxic chemicals and can cause serious damage to the epidermis.
Cool Peels are safe, mild, cool and painless with no downtime and they have an efffective pH of between 1 and 2. They can be tailored to suit different skin types and phototypes, even delicate skin.
Deep Peels are uncomfortable, painful and aggressive, and often the result does not justify the traumatizing experience. This method of peeling has been known to cause Slow healing, Post inflamatory scarring, Hyperpigmentation, Pypopigmentation, Bacterial infections and Scarring.
Chemicals used in Deep Peels vs Chemicals used in Cool Peels
Cool Peels contain:
• Safe and effective, inactive when dry
• Based on aceitic acid, man-made chemical
• No Known allergic reactions
Alpha Hydroxy Acids (AHA)
• Safe and effective
• Weak Caboxylic Acid
• Found in nature
Deep Peels contain:
• Toxic and has lead to deaths
• Cause deep dermal peel which completely destroys epidermis
• Melanocytes, which produce melanin pigment granules are destroyed
Contra-indications to any Peel
• Sun worshippers / sunbed users
• Accutane--avoid for 6 – 12 months prior to peel
• Recent microdermabrasion
• Skin diseases
• Radiation treatment or traumatized skin
• Fever blisters (not a contra-indication but an outbreak can occur)